Friday, February 5, 2010

Say it with 'Meaning'

An order for Morning Prayer, By Lancelot Andrewes

Glory be to thee, O LORD, Glory be to thee.
Glory be to thee who givest me sleep to recruit my weakness,
and to remit the toils of this fretful flesh,
To this day of all days,
a perfect, holy, peaceful, healthy, sinless course,
Vouchsafe O LORD.

Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee, for thou art my God;
Let thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.
Quicken me, O LORD, for thy names sake,
and for thy righteousness sake bring my soul out of trouble;
remove from me foolish imaginations,
inspire those that are good and pleasing in thy sight.
Turn away mine eyes lest they behold vanity;
let mine eyes look right on,
and let mine eyelids look straight before me.
Hedge up mine ears with thorns lest they incline to undisciplined words.
Give me early the ear to hear,
and open mine ears to the instruction of thy oracles.
Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth,
and keep the door of my lips.
Let my word be seasoned with salt,
that it may minister grace to the hearers.


Brian's Translation - Thank-you LORD for a good nights rest and may this day be wonderful. Keep me in your love and protect me from my own foolishness. May I see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. May I see your grace and show it to others. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment